10% OFF your first order!

Subscribe to the MIJ Newsletter for all the latest product release news and promotions, plus receive 10% OFF your first order!

30% OFF on all orders over $500

Cart ( )

GENERAL CARE

Mostly all of our products are dishwasher and microwave friendly and should last you many years. Here are a few helpful tips to help you get the most out of your products:

  • Do not use in the oven.
  • Do not use overly abrasive cleaning utensils. These may dull the glaze over time.
  • Do not “temperature shock” (take from a hot environment to a cold environment rapidly) your item/s this may cause them to crack or weaken.

Crackle Glazes

Crackle glazes require slightly more care than our regular products. Please take the following steps to ensure the longevity of your crackle glazed item/s:

  • Do not use in a microwave. Heat generated in the microwave can open the cracks (“Kannyu”) of the glaze – making the product vulnerable to food/oil stains and bacteria.
  • After use, wash product in warm water with detergent and dry well; Crackle glazes are fragile and therefore not recommended for use in the dishwasher.
  • Avoid soaking in water - mold may appear on the product due to excessive water absorption.
  • If stains appear on the product, please try a mild kitchen bleach to remove them.

LEAD CONTENT

The kilns and ceramicists we buy from shy away from using lead in their glazes. We also tend to not import highly decorative or intense glazes—in particular bright reds. Up until 10 years ago, there was intermittent testing of our products by AQIS(link) to check for lead cadmium levels—there was never any detected and we were able to proceed with signed declarations that stated our products complied with lead cadmium permissible levels in Australia.

We are confident you can use our products with no concern that we comply with the standard safety rate of 90 parts per million (ppm) / leachable amounts of lead.